i can still cook
despite being officially not in the kitchen for a couple of years, i realised that i still haven lost that touch.. I made “rice cooker – cabbage / pumpkin rice” and chicken & carrot congee… both were quite delicious & tasty despite me not using any salt or artifical flavouring.. i will put up the receipe soon for your benefit – Wiffgal. “He” commented it was delicious! I m so happy there is nothing more satisfying when your loved one enjoyed what you cooked..despite them being a one dish meal… unfortunately no pic..
Cabbage , Pumpkin rice
- Some lean pork – seasoned in dark sauce
- 2 table spoon of veg low fat margarine
- whole garlics 2-3 ( lightly smashed with ends of knife- keep whole)
- Hey bee ( dried prawns) & dried scallop ( soaked in warm water)
- Black mushrooms ( soaked and cut into halves or slices – upto you)
- Cabbage Leaves ( halved)
- Pumpkin – cut into rectangles – not too small
- Rice ( washed)
- Heat Margarine
- Stir fry garlic , hey bee, scallops with pork till fragrant
- add in rice & stir fry till fragrant & rice is brownish caused by the soya sauce in pork
- Put everything into rice cooker – then add cabbage, pumpkin, mushroom & water
- Turn rice cooker to cook.
- Ready to serve
This is my all time fave one dish meal – its fuss free, and best of all it is economical and time saving..cos the rice cooker is doing the cooking… also if you are not a pork person, do it with chicken chunks..if you want it to be even more tasty, add wax sausages,salted fish or carrots instead of pumpkin, the possibilities are endless..try it..